Generic Unix/Linux system information
The following pages apply to lab-managed Unix systems, unless otherwise indicated:
- Information concerning booting and shutting down linux systems. This page also covers powersave options (and how to disable them).
- Unix (and other) file systems in the department
- Printing from Unix systems.
- SSH access to the CL systems (all machines apart from a few specialist servers). There is a separate page for NFS access from sm.cl.cam.ac.uk
- Software installation under Unix: covers software installation under the versions of Unix available in the Computer Lab.
- Window Managers and Desktop Environments: GNOME, Xfce.