Health and Safety Committee
Role and purpose
The Head of Department is responsible for matters relating to Health and Safety within the department, but delegates the day-to-day matters to the Health and Safety Committee and the Departmental Safety Officer.
Any health-and-safety concerns should be raised with the Chair, Secretary or any members of the committee, either to be dealt with immediately, or raised at the next meeting depending on urgency. Matters may then be taken directly to Head of Department or the Faculty Board, depending on urgency.
The purpose of the Committee is to stimulate the interest of all members of the Department in the prevention of accidents and to make recommendations to the Head of Department.
As well as members of the Department, the Safety Committee also has representatives from other users of the building.
|Piete Brooks||Chair, Departmental Safety Officer, CO and First Aider|
|Caroline Stewart||Departmental Secretary|
|Martin McDonnell||Building Services, Fire Manager and First Aider|
|Markus Kuhn||UTO, Laser Safety Officer|
|Joy Rook||Assistant Staff and First Aider|
|Megan Sammons||Assistant Staff and First Aider|
|Ian Burton-Palmer||Building Services Manager and deputy Fire Manager|
|to be found||Visitor|
|to be found||Union representatives|
The Health and Safety Committee usually meets at 10:00, a week before the Faculty Board, in room SW00.
- 2016: 16 February, 26 April, 14 June, 27 September
- 2015: 17 November
- 2014: February, 20 May, 23 September
- 2013: March, April, June, September, November
- 2012: February, May, October
- 2011: January, March, June, October, November
- 2010: February, April, July, October
- 2009: February, May, September, December
- 2008: January, April, October
- 2007: January, February, May, August, November
- 2006: January, February, March, April, June, July, September, October, November, December
- 2005: January, March, April, May, July, September, November, December
- 2004: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, September, October, November, December