The Computer Laboratory is an academic department within the University of Cambridge that encompasses Computer Science, along with many aspects of Engineering, Technology and Mathematics. It consists of 44 academic staff, 30 support staff, 7 research fellows, 102 post-doctoral research workers and 121 PhD students. We have over 300 undergraduates studying for Part I, II and III of the Computer Science Tripos and 36 graduate students studying for the MPhil in Advanced Computer Science.
- Professor Andy Hopper appointed Treasurer of the Royal Society
- Cambridge Computer Lab Ring Company of the Year, Improbable, raises $500m
- Professor Sir Tony Hoare newly elected a foreign associate of the National Academy of Sciences
- Professor Lawrence Paulson elected a new fellow of the Royal Society
- Success for Cambridge team at final of Google’s Hash Code 2017