The Relics Project
This project has two aims:
- to catalogue and preserve the various artifacts of historical interest stored around the lab,
- to create video recordings of lab members who used our early computers talking about those artifacts,
The project started in September 1997, and the first recorder was Prof. David Wheeler.
- A Virtual Exhibition, featuring major machines from the history of the Computer Lab.
- Search the database. Over 150 items from the earliest days of the Mathematical lab to the present day.
- Early events in the history of the Computer Lab by David Wheeler
- The start of the EDSAC log Transcribed by David Wheeler
- The EDSAC Order Code, also some Explanatory Notes
- Some photographs from the EDSAC Archive
- Some documents from the early days of the Lab
- The EDSAC99 Conference
- Ivars Peterson's MathLand: Computing with the EDSAC
- Evangelist: Macintosh Emulation of EDSAC
- Patent Pending: Simulators: Cambridge EDSAC
- CCS Archive – EDSAC Simulator Readme Text
- Edsac Simulator