Computer security has been among the Laboratory’s research interests for many years, along with related topics such as cryptology, formal methods, hardware design, biometrics, and the robustness of distributed systems in general.
We hold meetings, seminars and workshops, which are described in more detail in subsequent pages. Attendance is not restricted to members of the Computer Laboratory; we welcome visitors from other universities, companies, and other organisations.
Much of our best research has been inspired by tackling real problems, and our funding comes from a wide range of sources; we collaborate with commerce and industry both in the UK and overseas. We are always happy to discuss potential projects, commercial sponsorship and consultancy assignments.
- Passwords 2015 call for papers
- WEIS 2015 – Liveblog
- Cambridge Cloud Cybercrime Centre
- Security and Human Behaviour 2015
- Phishing that looks like another risk altogether
- Which Malware Lures Work Best?
- Thinking of selling your old phone? Watch out!
- Meeting Snowden in Princeton
- Medical privacy seminar on May 4th
- Another scandal about forensics