Computer security has been among the Laboratory’s research interests for many years, along with related topics such as cryptology, formal methods, hardware design, biometrics, and the robustness of distributed systems in general.
We hold meetings, seminars and workshops, which are described in more detail in subsequent pages. Attendance is not restricted to members of the Computer Laboratory; we welcome visitors from other universities, companies, and other organisations.
Much of our best research has been inspired by tackling real problems, and our funding comes from a wide range of sources; we collaborate with commerce and industry both in the UK and overseas. We are always happy to discuss potential projects, commercial sponsorship and consultancy assignments.
- A search engine for code
- Traceability in the Queen’s Speech
- How Privacy is Lost
- Liveblog – MedConfidential.org launch
- Is the US Government losing it again?
- Current issues in payments (part 2)
- Job ad: pre- and post-doctoral posts in processor, operating system, and compiler security
- Call for Papers: Free and Open Communications on the Internet (FOCI ‘13)
- Should we boycott John Lewis?
- Current issues in payments (part 1)