Health & Safety
Health and Safety in the Department
In the event of an emergency, visit the emergency page.
It is the responsibility of everyone to ensure the safety of themselves and others. The department will help where and when it can, but it is essential that everyone is alert to the possible hazards and reports any concerns.
Copies of all Health and Safety related documents are held in Reception.
- The emergency provides all the information you need should there be an emergency at the department.
Keep this page bookmarked on your Internet browser. In times of panic (especially out-of-hours), you may find it useful.
- The first aid pages contain information on first aid and who the first aiders are in the department.
- The fire page contains information on fire procedures in the department, and lists the Fire wardens.
- General health and safety - General health and safety procedures including: information dissemination, H&S committee, alarms, food safety, electrical testing, and children on the premises.
- An induction should be carried out for every new member of staff or student at the lab.
- The fitness page contains information on fitness and relates issues in the department.
- Policies and committees - information about Health and Safety policies in place at the Lab and the committees who govern them.
- Risk assessments - information about risk assessments for ALL users of the lab.
- Useful links - additional information about Health and Safety.
- The health and safety index - an aid to locating any information about health and safety within the department.