Academic papers and articles
- A Theodore Markettos, Jonathan Woodruff, Robert N M Watson, Bjoern A Zeeb, Brooks Davis, Simon W Moore, The BERIpad tablet: open-source construction, CPU, OS and applications, Proceedings of 2013 FPGA Workshop and Design Contest, November 1st–3rd, Southeast University, Nanjing, China.
- Muralidaran Vijayaraghavan, Nirav Dave and Arvind, Modular Compilation of Guarded Atomic Actions, MemoCODE 2013, Portland, Oregon, 18–20 October 2013.
- Richard Uhler and Nirav Dave, Smten: Automatic Translation of High-level Symbolic Computations into SMT Queries, Computer-Aided Verification (CAV 2013), St. Petersburg, Russia, 13–19 Jul 2013.
- William R. Harris, Somesh Jha, Thomas Reps, Jonathan Anderson, and Robert N. M. Watson, Declarative, Temporal, and Practical Programming with Capabilities, IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy ("Oakland"), May, 2013.
- Robert N. M. Watson, Steven J. Murdoch, Khilan Gudka, Jonathan Anderson, Peter G. Neumann, and Ben Laurie, Towards a theory of application compartmentalisation, Security Protocols Workshop, 18–20 March 2013.
- Robert N.M. Watson, A Decade of OS Access-Control Extensibility: Open-source Security Foundations for mobile and embedded devices, Communications of the ACM, 56(2), February 2013, pages 52–63.
- Jon Woodruff, Simon Moore and Robert Watson, Memory Segmentation to Support Secure Applications, CEUR Workshop: Doctoral Symposium on Engineering Secure Software and Systems (ESSoS), Paris, France, 26–27 Feb 2013.
- Peter G. Neumann, Inside Risks: More Sight on Foresight, Communications of the ACM, 56(2), February 2013, pages 23–25.
- Peter G. Neumann, Inside Risks: The Foresight Saga, Redux, Communications of the ACM, 55(10), October 2012.
- Khilan Gudka, Robert N. M. Watson, Steven Hand, Ben Laurie, and Anil Madhavapeddy, Exploring compartmentalisation hypotheses with SOAAP, Adaptive Host and Network Security (AHANS 2012), September, 2012.
- Myron King, Nirav Dave, and Arvind, Automatic Generation of Hardware/Software Interfaces, ASPLOS 2012, London, March 2012.
- Robert N. M. Watson, Peter G. Neumann, Jonathan Woodruff, Jonathan Anderson, Ross Anderson, Nirav Dave, Ben Laurie, Simon W. Moore, Steven J. Murdoch, Philip Paeps, Michael Roe, and Hassen Saidi, CHERI: A Research Platform Deconflating Hardware Virtualization and Protection, RESoLVE workshop associated with ASPLOS in London, 5–7 March 2012.
- Peter G. Neumann and Robert N. M. Watson, Capabilities Revisited: A Holistic Approach to Bottom-to-Top Assurance of Trustworthy Systems, Fourth Layered Assurance Workshop (in association with ACSAC 2010), Austin, Texas, 6–7 December 2010.
- Peter G. Neumann, the San Jose Mercury News's Bruce Newman talks with Peter Neumann about cybersecurity. Link.
- Robert N. M. Watson, IEEE Spectrum Techwise Conversation podcast interview, recorded 26 December 2012, explores the argument for clean-slate design and the nature of current attacker-defender asymmetry. Link.
- Peter G. Neumann, Minnesota Public Radio's The Daily Circuit, 27 December 2012, discusses the inadequacy of passwords and the need for trustworthy systems. Link.
- Peter G. Neumann. A profile of Peter Neumann, written by John Markoff, was included in The New York Times Science Tuesday section on 30 October 2012, along with a short video clip in the online version. Link.
- Robert N. M. Watson, Queue Portrait: Robert Watson recorded in August 2012, explores research into the hardware-software interface. Link.