Course pages 2016–17 (still under preparation!)
- Lecture notes (including slides).
- Annotated slides:
- Exercise sheet
- Additional material:
- Naive implementations of the ML type inference algorithm (Section 2.4) and the PLC type inference algorithm (Section 4.3). Both are written in Fresh OCaml, which is a patch of OCaml with nice facilities for handling binding and freshness of names.
- Need more help understanding the material in Section 3 (Polymorphic Reference Types)? Try Section 126.96.36.199 Value Polymorphism of the "SML'97 Conversion Guide" provided by SML/NJ.
- The types forum carries discussion and announcements concerning research into type systems.
- Some interesting examples of dependently typed programming languages: