Daniel R. Thomas
Photo is from 2014-03-20 by Quentin Stafford-Fraser
Telephone: +44 1223 763 748
I will be giving one lecture as part of the Research Students Lecture series in Easter 2014.
I maintain the Android vulnerabilities website, information on the deployed version distribution of Android and help with the Device Analyzer project.
I am interested in Cryptography and have a page with notes including some DSA parameters.
Presentations and posters
- Better authentication: password revolution by evolution presentation (with notes) at Security Protocols Workshop 2014
- Nigori poster at Computer Laboratory 75th Anniversary poster competition
- "Better authentication: password revolution by evolution" by Daniel R. Thomas and Alastair R. Beresford in the Proceedings of the Security Protocols Workshop 2014 (to appear).
Declarations of interest
I have received funding from various organisations, I try not to let that influence me but in the interest of transparency details follow.
- I am currently funded from the EPSRC Doctoral Training Account of the Computer Laboratory
- The first year of my PhD was funded by Google
- My year as a Research Assistant was partly funded by Google
- I spent a summer working for Broadcom
- I have been both a student and a mentor on the Google Summer of Code
- I spent a summer as an on an Undergraduate Research Opportunity (UROP) placement funded by BT
- Much of this was done with either Andrew Rice or my current supervisor Alastair R. Beresford