Dr. D J Greaves.
Contact details: D J Greaves, MA, PhD, MIET.
Relevant research groups:
Systems Research Group,
Computer Architecture Group,
Programming Research Group,
David Greaves, PhD, MIET, is a University Senior Lecturer interested
in compiler and hardware design. He has considerable industrial experience at the CTO/Chief Scientist level
and has led the design of many hardware systems, including semi-custom VLSI design.
Lecture Notes: System On Chip Design and Modelling (PDF).
- Power estimation from TLM and very-high-level models of computation (VHLS/Prazor),
as part of C3D Project.
TLM Power 3 Draft User Manual and
- Algorithm Specification Language: Can a high-level programming expression of an algorithm
be seamlessly annotated with implementation aspects concerning hardware structure (e.g. number of RAMs,
ALU to operation mapping and level of parallelism) for SMP, FPGA/ASIC and GPU targets?
- Kiwi: Hardware Synthesis from C#: Timestable Demo.
Comp-Arch Talk (May 2011).
- Profiles for compositional formal checking: can metadata for system components be digitally signed according to
the class of automated checker and checking overhead required when a system is assembled?
- Behavioural Machine-Readable Datasheets: CARDs proposal.
- A new System-Level Description Language (SLDL) for EDA, including the best parts
of the H2
- Draft items, yet to be published: LINK.
Older Research Areas
Conference Program Committees
Minor Research Notes
System Design Methodology