Discrete Mathematics I
Principal lecturer: Dr Peter Sewell
Taken by: Part IA CST, Part IA NST, Part I PPS
This is a new course in 2008, so the previous Discrete Maths I
exam questions are mostly not relevant. Please see the exercises instead.
The notes for on-line reading (in colour, pdf).
The notes as printed (largely monochrome, pdf).
There are exercise sheets at the end of the notes.
The slides (included in the notes).
- In Question 13 of Exercise Sheet 1, delete the second negation
- In Question 2(b) of Exercise Sheet 2, z also ranges over people in California.
- In Question 3(f) of Exercise Sheet 2, add a closing parenthesis at
- In Question 1(c) of Exercise Sheet 3, the second Q should be R.
- In Question 4 of Exercise Sheet 3, insert x after the first exists
symbol and parentheses around the forall x.P(x) on the right hand side.
- In Question 11(c) of Exercise Sheet 4, the question mark should be
an exists symbol.
- In Question 12 of Exercise Sheet 4, replace "directed graph" by
"directed acyclic graph".
- In Question 3 of Exercise Sheet 5, replace 180 by 180*(n-2).