Lectures 11 & 12: ANOVA
The exercise consists of three questions and can be downloaded here (PDF).
- Lecture 11 slides (PDF)
- Lecture 12 slides (PDF)
- Gallery of probability distributions
- R project web page. It is free and has nice plotting facilities. Enables you to run statistical tests without purchasing SPSS.
- This web page shows how to run various variants of ANOVA in R.
- This recent handbook describes in great detail how to design controlled experiments and how to carry out statistical significance tests. It is specifically targetted at Human-Computer Interaction which makes it more suitable, in general, for computer scientists than standard statistics textbooks, which typically focus on the behavioural sciences. This book is available in the University of Cambridge Betty & Gordon Moore Library.
- Java code to compute analysis of variance (this code is not verified by either of the lecturers).
- How to report the F-statistic.