Computer security has been among the Laboratory’s research interests for many years, along with related topics such as cryptology, formal methods, hardware design, biometrics, and the robustness of distributed systems in general.
We hold meetings, seminars and workshops, which are described in more detail in subsequent pages. Attendance is not restricted to members of the Computer Laboratory; we welcome visitors from other universities, companies, and other organisations.
Much of our best research has been inspired by tackling real problems, and our funding comes from a wide range of sources; we collaborate with commerce and industry both in the UK and overseas. We are always happy to discuss potential projects, commercial sponsorship and consultancy assignments.
- Your medical records – now on sale
- Don’t believe what you read in the papers
- A new side channel attack
- Offender tagging 2.0
- How to deal with emergencies better
- We’re hiring again
- A Study of Whois Privacy and Proxy Service Abuse
- Google funding of open-source security projects
- Offender tagging
- Liveblogging SOUPS 2013