A long but approachable course. At the time of this writing, it
follows the book Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach (5th
edition), which you should get from the library. Supervision
questions can also be set from it.
webpage is populated online shortly before the beginning of
Lent term. Traditionally, not all lectured material is examinable
(e.g. Ch 2, 5, 6 partly and Ch 8, 9 entirely were excluded) but make
sure you check this info for the current year. The examinable parts
are usually mentioned here
(if the link is down, try again after the Lent term starts, ask the
lecturer or look on the course
Other CompNet supervision/revision things:
- Revision questions(*) R11, R12, R13, R15, R18 and Problems P1, P5, P6, P7, P12, P23 from Chapter 1 (Networks and Internet).
- Revision questions(*) R4, R8, R11, R26 and Problems P1, P4, P10, P22, P27 from Chapter 2 (Application layer).
- Recommended but optional:
- Revision questions(*) R5, R7, R10, R11, R14, R15, R17, R18 and Problems P1, P3, P8 to P12, P13, P16, P20, P22, P25 from Chapter 3 (Transport layer).
- Problems P4, P8, P20, P26, P33, P49, P52 from Chapter 4 (Network layer).
- Problems P5, P6, P7, P11, P14, P18, P21, P24, P25 from Chapter 5 (Link layer).
- Review questions(*) R3, R5, R7, R14 and Problems P3 to P12, P15, P21, P22, P23 from Chapter 7 (Multimedia).
(*) For all Review questions, also specify the slide/page number in the handouts/book where you found the answer.