Course pages 2016–17
Topical Issues is a fairly unique course within the CS Tripos. It is intended to broaden horizons and to provide basic grounding in some hot topics in the industry. This means that the lectures are often standalone rather than being a flowing series, and the list of topics covered often changes to track current trends. Where possible, guest lecturers are used to get expert views.
First sheet on first 6 lectures is available here
Second sheet is available here
- Slides for intro
- Slides for IoT
- What Exactly is the Internet of Things?, Postscapes graphical illustration
- IoT Examples, Postscapes graphical illustration
- The Internet of Things is Now, Morgan Stanley
- The Internet of Things: making the most of the Second Digital Revolution, UK Government report
- Although initially promised, Microsoft apologise but are unable to distribute the slides for this lecture.