Course pages 2013–14
Lecture Slides :
- Lectures 1-4
- Lecture 5
- Lectures 6-7 (updated 6/2/2014 with minor addition to slide 3, a correction to slides 4 and 24)
- Lecture 8
- Lecture 9
- Lecture 10
- Lectures 11-13
- One-slide per page: cc2014_L11_to_14.pdf
- Two-slides per page: cc2014_L11_to_14_2up.pdf
- Five slides are missing "prime" marks ('). Here are corrections.
- A few experiments with YACC : yacc_lex_tests.tar.gz
- Lectures 14
- Lectures 15, 16 :
Lecture notes :
- cc_notes_2014.pdf. The lecture slides have been rewritten this year to present the material via the Slang (Simple LANGuage) compilers. The lecture concepts are about the same as those in these notes, just presented differently.
Associated source code:
- Slang.1 compiler and virtual machines
- Slang.3 compiler and VSM.2 virtual machine
- We are using a "nanopass" approach to describing compilers (but using SML rather than Scheme).