Exercise 1: read
Exercise 1 requires you to read and summarise a paper in a few sentences. The paper that you should summarise is:
Write a brief answer to each of the following questions.
- What are the researchers trying to find out?
- Why is the research important?
- What things were measured?
- What were the results?
- What do the authors conclude and to what factors do they attribute the findings?
- Can you accept the findings as true? Discuss any failings or shortcomings of the methods used to support the findings.
I am looking for short, factual answers to the questions. Two to four sentences should be sufficient answer for each of questions (a) to (e). Your answer to question (f) may need to be a little longer. Your whole submission should be no more than one side of A4 paper, in total.