Lecture 15: preparing presentations
Video of 2009 lecture
- Presentation Zen — Garr Reynolds approach to great presentations
- Made to Stick — Dan & Chip Heath's explanation of why some ideas survive and others die
Hints & tips from the lecture
The ten minute talk
- Who? — title, author, venue, date
- What? — the key idea
- Why? — why it is important
- How? — some technical details (if there is time)
- Where? — where it leads next
The right questions to ask
from Presentation Zen, Garr Reynolds
- How much time do I have?
- What is the venue like?
- What time of day?
- Who are the audience?
- What is their background?
- What do they expect of me?
- What do I want them to do?
- What is the fundamental purpose of my talk?
- What is the story?
- What is my absolutely central point?
from Made to Stick, Dan & Chip Heath