My research interest are in Ubiquitous Computing, networking and embedded systems. Within the Network Surfaces project I'm mainly responsible for the physical layer.
I joined the LCE in October 1998, after working at the IBM Research Center in San Jose, CA for 18 months.
In 1996 I received my degree (Dipl.-Ing. (FH) in Technical Computer Science) from the University for Applied Sciences in Hamburg, Germany.
1. James Scott, Frank Hoffmann, Glenford Mapp, Mike Addlesee, Andy Hopper, "Networked Surfaces: A New Concept in Mobile Networking," ACM Mobile Networks and Applications, vol. 7, no. 5, Oct 2002
2. Frank Hoffmann, James Scott, "Location of Mobile Devices Using Networked Surfaces," Fourth International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp 2002), Sep 2002
3. Frank Hoffmann, James Scott, Mike Addlesee, Glenford Mapp, Andy Hopper, "Data Transport on the Networked Surface," Proceedings of the 26th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, Nov 2001
4. James Scott, Frank Hoffmann, Glenford Mapp, Michael Addlesee, Andy Hopper, "Networked Surfaces: A New Concept in Mobile Networking," Proceedings of the Third IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, Dec 2000
5. James Scott, Frank Hoffmann, "Networked Surfaces," Multi-Service Networks 2000, Jul 2000