Course pages 2016–17
Reports on practical exercises should be submitted via the Moodle VLE, and are due on the following dates:
- Report on Exercise 1: 2 November 2016 at 12:00 noon
- Report on Exercise 2: 23 November 2016 at 12:00 noon
- Report on Mini-Project: 1 March 2017 at 12:00 noon
Distribution of Marks
Overall course grade is based proportionally on these reports as follows:
- Exercise 1: 10%
- Exercise 2: 20%
- Mini-Project: 70%
The assessment criteria for the reports will be the standard criteria applied across the MPhil ACS:
- 90-100% - Original interpretation extending beyond taught material.
- 80-89% - Demonstrates significant insight or creativity.
- 75-79% - Demonstrates critical thought and insight.
- 70-74% - Clearly presented. Evidence of understanding, but may contain some faults. Execution basically good
- 60-69% - Adequate presentation, lacking clarity or detail in places, or containing irrelevant material. Mostly demonstrates understanding, but with occasional mistakes.
- 50-59% - Somewhat incoherent, with important omissions, or irrelevant material. Some serious flaws in understanding.
- 40-49% - Work is poor and unstructured, with some parts missing. Little evidence of understanding, many inconsistencies and flaws.
- 30-39% - All aspects have been handled badly. Assigned work is substantially absent, incomprehensible or wrong. Little evidence of understanding, but at least mentions most of the relevant ideas.
- 20-29% - Almost total failure to engage with task. Assigned work is substantially absent, incomprehensible or wrong. Some reference to relevant ideas, but many are entirely missing.
- 0-19% - No evidence of any understanding. Marks may be given for presentation.