ECAD and Architecture Practical Classes
- What is the purpose of pin assignments, and why are they necessary?
- The clock crystal on the tPad is 50MHz. Consider if this was replaced with a 500MHz crystal. Would your design still work? Making reference to the output of your Quartus compilation, explain why this would be the case.
- Press the button on your board you wired to rst_n, and notice that your program restarts. What happens to the NIOS on the FPGA and the DRAM to cause this outcome?
- Correct answers to the above questions are provided in a written form.
- All exercises are completed according to the specified behaviour.
- A live demonstration of your solutions meeting the ticking criteria for each lablet.
- Your SystemVerilog code needs to be cleanly formatted and commented, with the following header:
- Give a live demonstration of your solutions meeting the ticking criteria for each lablet.
- Show your work and answers to the questions (on screen or paper) to one of the demonstrators. They will award you with a tick if the work is up to standard.
- Print out your final work and add it to your portfolio to be submitted as instructed in the Head of Department Notice. You do not need to get a ticker to sign any printed work.