Course pages 2011–12
This course is taught through presentation and analysis of a sequence of papers, with current schedule of speakers
Assessment will be in 3 forms:
- There will be a tick for each week, for attendance & participation in discussion.
- There will be three (3) assessed essays, to be submitted to student admin, at noon, at the end of week 4 (nov 4), 8 (Dec 2) and near the start of Lent term (jan 20). The student is asked to compare&contrast an aspect of current network architecture with one chosen from the papers containing proposed future solutions (essentially each essay will concern routing&addressing, naming, and content distribution) - remember, these have to be given in to student admin!
- Essay 1 Task Now assigned/available
- Essay 2 Task Now assigned/available List of papers for essay 2
- Essay 3 Task Now assigned/available
- 3. Each week, the student is expected to update an annotated bibliography with comments on the paper(s) discussed.
the final annotated bibliography will be submitted at the start of Lent term.
For an explantion and example of how to build an annotated bibliography, see