Detection algorithms for MIMO (multiple-input multiple-output).
Signal processing in multidimensional lattices: lattice reduction-aided , sphere decoding, successive cancellation detection.
Geometry of numbers and group theory approaches to lattice problems.
Detection and precoding lattice-based techniques.
1. Francisco A. Monteiro, Ian J. Wassell, "Dual-Lattice-Aided MIMO Detection for Slow Fading Channels," IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, Bilbao, Spain, pp. 502-507, IEEE Signal Processing Society, Dec 2011
2. Francisco A. Monteiro, Frank R. Kschischang, "Trellis Detection for Random Lattices," 8th International Symposium on Wireless Communications Systems (ISWCS), Aachen, Germany, IEEE Information Theory Society, IEEE Communications Society and IEEE Vehicular Technology Society, Nov 2011
3. Francisco Monteiro, "Lattices in MIMO Spatial Multiplexing: Detection and Geometry," PhD thesis, Department of Engineering, Oct 2011
4. Francisco A. Monteiro, Ian J. Wassell, "Recovery of a Lattice Generator Matrix from its Gram Matrix for Feedback and Precoding in MIMO," 4th International Symposium on Communications, Control and Signal Processing (ISCCSP), Limassol, Cyprus, IEEE Signal Processing Society and IET, Mar 2010
5. Francisco A. Monteiro, "Faster and Faster: A look at the remarkable achievements in error-free digital communications," BlueSci, Cambridge, vol. 5, no. 15, pp. 14-15, Varsity Publications, Apr 2009
6. Francisco A. Monteiro, Ian J. Wassell, "Progressive Hypercube Decoding," The 4th IEEE International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS), Trondhein, Norway, IEEE Vehicular Technology Cociety and Communication Society, Oct 2007
7. Francisco A. Monteiro, Ian J. Wassell, "Euclidean Distances in Quantized Spaces with Pre-stored Components for MIMO Detection," 10th European Conference on Wireless Technology (ECWT) - 10th European Microwave Week, Munich, Germany, European Microwave Association and IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society, Oct 2007
8. Francisco A. Monteiro, Ian J. Wassell, "Efficient Scalar Quantization for MIMO Spatial Multiplexing Receivers," 9th International Symposium on Communication Theory and Applications (ISCTA), Ambleside, Lake District, UK, Jul 2007