I am looking to recruit self-motivated PhD students to work with me in the areas of machine learning and natural language processing. Look at my publications to get an idea of my interests.
General PhD information can be found in this page.
Funding OptionsFor funding support for postgraduate research, please refer to the King's Funding & Scholarships. Some of the funding schemes are:
- King's International PhD Scholarships
- Fully-funded PhD studentships in the Department of Informatics
- King's-China Scholarships (for Chinese nationals)
- King's A*STAR PhD Studentships
- Joint PhD Scholarships
- Alternative funding: if you wish to self-fund or are not sure how to fund, I am happy to work towards putting together applications for PhD fellowships.
- Fairness in automatic assessment
- Natural language explanations for artificial intelligence
- NLP for creative writing
Interested applicants are invited to email me your CV, transcripts of your undergraduate/MSc studies, and a 2-page research proposal. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.
Researchers from other universities, research institutes, as well as industry are welcome to visit us. Please drop me an email for further discussion.
Visiting Research Students
I welcome visiting research students, who are currently PhD students at another Higher Education institution either in the UK or internationally. The College policy can be found here. Please email me to discuss the possibilities before starting the official application procedure.