I am Co-Director of Centre for Mobile, Wearable Systems and Augmented Intelligence and a Fellow of Jesus College.
From October 2016 to September 2018 I was a Fellow of the Alan Turing Institute for Data Science in London. From October 2005 until September 2010 I held an EPSRC Advanced Research Fellowship.
Prior to joining Cambridge (in 2008), I was a faculty member in the Dept. of Computer Science, University College of London (UK) and an academic visitor at Washington University in St. Louis, MO (USA).
I have a Diploma di Laurea in Scienze dell'Informazione and a PhD in Computer Science from the University of Bologna, Italy.
I regularly deliver keynotes and invited talks at conferences and workshops. A comprehensive list can be found here.
I am/was on the Steering Committees of conferences ACM MobiSys, ACM SenSys (2015-2018), ACM Ubicomp.
I am/was on the editiorial boards of:
- ACM Transactions on Computing and Health.
- IEEE Pervasive Computing (2014-2019).
- Royal Society Open Science Journal (2017-2020).
- ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT).
- ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks.
- IEEE Transactions of Mobile Computing (2012-2017).
- IEEE Internet Computing (2008-2012).
I have been Committee Chair for SIGMOBILE Highlights (2016-2018)
I have been Programme Co-Chair of ACM MobiSys, ACM SenSys, ACM Ubicomp, ICWSM and a few more.
I am regularly on programme committees. A sample of the ones I have participated in are ACM KDD, ACM ICSE, ACM Mobicom, ACM MobiSys, IEEE Percom, ACM SenSys, ACM Ubicomp, WWW.
Reading books, pretty much everything...fiction, popular science, in particular.
Food: I love to cook!