Luana Bulat (Făgărășan)
In 2015 I was awarded one of the Women Techmakers scholarships (formerly the Google Anita Borg Scholarship Programme) for the Europe, Middle East and Asia (EMEA) region. The Women Techmakers scholarship is awarded based on academic performance, leadership, and impact on the community of women in tech.
- Undergraduate supervisor, Natural Language Processing (Part II) and Information retrieval (Part II), 2013-present
- Deputy chair, women@CL, 2016/2017
- Conference co-organiser, 2015 Oxbridge Conference for Women in Computer Science, 2015/2016
- Silicon Valley Initiative Director, Cambridge University Entrepreneurs, 2015/2016
- President, Cambridge University Entrepreneurs, 2014/2015
- Vision and Feature Norms: Improving automatic feature norm learning through cross-modal maps
Luana Bulat, Douwe Kiela and Stephen Clark
Proceedings of NAACL-HLT 2016, San Diego, CA.
[paper] [bib] [data] [poster]
- Grounding semantics in olfactory perception
Douwe Kiela, Luana Bulat and Stephen Clark
Proceedings of ACL 2015, Beijing, China.
[paper] [bib] [data]
- From distributional semantics to feature norms: grounding
semantic models in human perceptual data
Luana Făgărășan, Eva Maria Vecchi and Stephen Clark
Proceedings of the Short Papers of the 11th International Conference on Computational Semantics (IWCS 2015), London, UK.
(Also appeared in NIPS Workshop on Learning Semantics 2014, Montreal, Canada.)
- Reducing Dimensions of Tensors in Type-Driven
Tamara Polajnar, Luana Făgărășan and Stephen Clark
Proceedings of the Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing Conference (EMNLP 2014), Doha, Qatar.
- Virtual Embodiment: A Scalable Long-Term Strategy for
Artificial Intelligence Research
Douwe Kiela, Luana Bulat, Anita Vero and Stephen Clark
Machine Intelligence Workshop, NIPS 2016, Barcelona, Spain
University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory
William Gates Building, 15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK
ltf24 (at) cam.ac.uk
+44 (0)1223 767024