The project involves support and collaboration with a number of
- Mobile Network Operators
Vodafone is providing mobile network
infrastructure. This gives access to the commercial GPRS service from
April 2001, and to an experimental UMTS 3G network from July 2001 which
should have half a dozen base stations by the end of December 2001.
- Microsoft is providing Windows CE and related development tools and platforms.
- Handset manufacturers
Ericsson is providing GPRS handsets with Bluetooth support.
- Handset platform developers
- Hewlett Packard is providing Pocket PCs.
- Socket Communications is providing Bluetooth equipment.
- Positioning Systems, Geographical Information Systems, Transport Authorities
- The Cambridgeshire County Council is liaising over intelligent
public transport systems for CambridgeShire.
- Computations and Storage Vendors and Applications Service Providers
- COMS Research Students are supported by grants from
Sun Microsystems, Benchmark Capital, AT&T Research Labs,
Microsoft Research and the National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT).
We do welcome offers of further support. Contact: [email@example.com]