In Broadband Fixed Wireless Access (BFWA) systems, multipath delay is most detrimental to system performance. Multipath delay will result in intersymbol interference, especially in high data rate applications. Work has been done in predicting delay spread in mobile wireless area. My research is to develop new algorithms and theory to predict the multipath delay in fixed wireless system.
1. C. L. Hong, I. J. Wassell, M. P. Sellars, S. D. Greaves, M. Noakes,, "Switchable-polarisation antenna for measuring polarization dependence of multipath in 3.5 GHz FWA systems," Electronics Letters, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 164-165, Feb 2005
2. C. L. Hong, I. J. Wassell, M. Sellars, S. D. Greaves, "Comparison of Wideband Channel Characteristics for Horizontal and Circularly Polarised Antennas in a Fixed Wireless Access System at 3.5 GHz," Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Broadband Communications (ISBC'04), Harrogate, UK, Dec 2004
3. G. E. Athanasiadou, I. J. Wassell, C. L. Hong, "Deterministic Propagation Modelling and Measurements for the Broadband Fixed Wireless Access Channel," IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (IEEE VTC 2004 - Fall), Los Angeles, California, USA, Sep 2004
4. C.L. Hong, I.J. Wassell, G.E. Athanasiadou, S. Greaves, M.P. Sellars, "Wideband Tapped Delay Line Channel Model at 3.5GHz for Broadband Fixed Wireless Access system as a function of Subscriber Antenna Height in Suburban Environment," The Fourth International Conference on Information, Communications & Signal Processing (ICICS-PCM 2003), Nanyang Technological University, Singapore , Dec 2003
5. C L Hong, I J Wassell, G E Athanasiadou, S Greaves, M Sellars, "Wideband channel measurements and characterisation for broadband wireless access," Twelfth International Conference on Antennas and Propagation, 2003 (ICAP 2003), vol. 1, pp. 429-432, IEE Press, Apr 2003
6. C. L. Hong, "An improved post-processing method and an analysis of wideband channel sounding results," Technical Report, CUED/F-INFENG/TR.477, Cambridge University Engineering Department, Nov 2001