- Office address
- University of Cambridge
- Computer Laboratory
- William Gates Building
- 15 JJ Thomson Avenue
- Cambridge CB3 0FD
- United Kingdom
- office: +44 1223 763831
- rafal [dot] mantiuk [at] cl [dot] cam [dot] ac [dot] uk
Important: if you have never sent or received e-mail from me, please include the text "n0t5pam" somewhere in the subject line, for example "[n0t5pam] Your subject". This is to avoid the SPAM filter.
If you are contacting me about internship, PhD studentship, or a PostDoc position, please check the "Jobs" section first.
- Senior Lecturer, University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory, UK (from 2015)
- Lecturer / Senior Lecturer, Bangor University, School of Computer Science, UK (2009-2015)
- Postdoc Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada (2008-2009)
- Postdoc, Max-Planck-Institut for Computer Science, Germany (2007-2008)
- Internship, Sharp Laboratories of America, Camas WA, USA (2006)
- PhD (summa cum laude, Computer Science), Max-Planck-Institut for Computer Science, Germany (2006)
- Msc (Computer Science), Technical University of Szczecin, Poland (2003)
A model predicting the adapting luminance in complex scenes.
Video tone mapping that controls the visibility of the noise, adapts to display and viewing environment, minimizes contrast distortions, preserves or enhances image details, and can be run in real-time without preprocessing.
Psychophysical evaluation of several encoding schemes for high dynamic range pixel values.
See more projects.
- A comparative review of tone-mapping algorithms
for high dynamic range video
Gabriel Eilertsen, Rafal K. Mantiuk, Jonas Unger.
In: Eurographics State-of-The-Art Report, To appear, 2017
- Assessment of multi-exposure HDR image deghosting methods
Kanita Karađuzović-Hadžiabdić, Jasminka Hasić Telalovića, Rafał K. Mantiuk.
In: Computers & Graphics, 63, pp. 1-17, 2017
(doi) (dataset) (PDF)
- Perceptual display calibration
Rafal K. Mantiuk.
In: Displays: Fundamentals & Applications. A K Peters/CRC Press, 2016
Rolf R. Hainich and Oliver Bimber (ed.)
(publication link) (PDF)
- Subjective and Objective Evaluation of Multi-exposure High Dynamic Range Image Deghosting Methods
Kanita Karaduzovic-Hadziabdic, Jasminka H. Telalovic, and Rafal K. Mantiuk.
In: Eurographics Short Papers, 2016
(doi) (project page) (PDF)
- Objective and Subjective Evaluation of High Dynamic Range Video Compression
R. Mukherjee, K. Debattista, T. Bashford-Rogers, P. Vangorp, R. Mantiuk, M. Bessa, B. Waterfield, A. Chalmers.
In: Signal Processing: Image Communication, in print, 2016
See all papers.
Awards and grants
- ERC Consolidator Grant (2017) - Perceptual encoding of high fidelity light fields
- EPSRC research grant (2017) - A spatio-chromatic colour appearance model for retargeting high-dynamic-range image appearance across viewing conditions
- HPC Wales Research and Innovation grant (2013/14) - Video retargeting for delivery to mobile and future display technologies
- Royal Society Research Grant (2013) - Limiting factors of perceptual image fidelity
- EPSRC grant EP/I006575/1 (2011) - Quantifying image quality in computer graphics
- Heinz Billing Award 2006
- COST Action
- Management committee member and work group leader for the COST Action IC1005: HDRi: The digital capture, storage, transmission and display of real-world lighting
- Paper chair
- SAP 2015 ACM Symposium on Applied Perception
- HDRi 2013 First International Conference and SME Workshop on HDR imaging (co-chair: Maximino Bessa)
- Eurographics 2011 HDR Area Program chair (co-chair: Erik Reinhard)
- Paper program committee