Mobile security reading group
This is a reading group which meets at 10:00 every Wednesday during term in SW00 and discusses papers relevant to security and mobile devices.
Participants should sign up to the mailing list. The paper(s) to be read will be announced by the preceeding Friday so that people know what is being read sufficiently in advance that they can read it.
This is the list of papers in our to read queue in the order we intend to read them
- Your Voice Assistant is Mine: How to Abuse Speakers to Steal Information and Control your Phone by Wenrui Diao, Xiangyu Liu, Zhe Zhou and Kehuan Zhang
A * indicates that the paper was selected as a 'best paper of the term'.
- 2014-10-15 Android Permissions: User Attention, Comprehension and Behaviour by Adrienne Porter Felt, Elizabeth Ha, Serge Egelman, Ariel Haney, Erika Chin and David Wagner
- 2014-10-22 AirBag: Boosting Smartphone Resistance to Malware Infection by Chiachih Wu, Yajin Zhou, Kunal Patel, Zhenkai Liang and Xuxian Jiang
- From the Aether to the Ethernet — Attacking the Internet using Broadcast Digtal Television by Yossef Oren and Angelos D. Keromytis
- Laurent's draft paper
- Daniel's draft paper
- 2014-11-19 NativeWrap: Ad Hoc Smartphone Application Creation for End Users by Adwait Nadkarni, Vasant Tendulkar and William Enck
- 2014-11-26 Code Injection Attacks on HTML5-based Mobile Apps by Xing Jin, Tongbo Luo, Derek G. Tsui, and Wenliang Du
- 2014-12-03 Breaking and Fixing Origin-Based Access Control in Hybrid Web/Mobile Application Frameworks by Martin Georgiev, Suman Jana and Vitaly Shmatikov
- 2015-01-21 ANDRUBIS - 1,000,000 Apps Later: A View on Current Android Malware Behaviours by Martina Lindorfer, Matthias Neugschwandtner, Lukas Weichselbaum, Yanick Fratantonio,Victor van der Veen, Christian Platzer
- * 2015-01-30 A Large-Scale Analysis of the Security of Embedded Firmwares by Andrei Costin, Jonas Zaddach, Aurélien Francillon, and Davide Balzarotti
- * 2015-02-04 On the Feasibility of Large-Scale Infections of iOS Devices by Tielei Wang, Yeongjin Jang, Yizheng Chen, Simon Chung, Billy Lau and Wenke Lee
- 2015-02-11 PatchDroid: Scalable Third-Party Security Patches for Android Devices by Collin Mulliner, Jon Oberheide, William Robertson and Engin Kirda
- 2015-02-18 Peeking into Your App without Actually Seeing It: UI State Inference and Novel Android Attacks by Qi Alfred Chen, Zhiyun Qian and Z. Morley Mao
- 2015-02-25 Can't you hear me knocking: Identification of user actions on Android apps via traffic analysis by Mauro Conti, Luigi V. Mancini, Riccardo Spolaor and Nino V. Verde
- 2015-03-04 Exploiting Delay Patterns for User IPs Identification in Cellular Networks by Vasile Claudiu Perta, Marco Valerio Barbera and Alessandro Mei
- 2015-03-11 Fingerprinting Smart Devices Through Embedded Acoustic Components by Anupam Das, Nikita Borisov and Matthew Caesar