Supervisions in VLSI Design
The arrangements for supervision in VLSI Design for the Michaelmas Term 2001 are as follow.
- Lectures will be given on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 in the Rayleigh Lecture Theatre, starting on Thursday 4 October.
- There will be no lectures on Thursday 25 October or Tuesday 30 October.
- Example classes will be held in place of the lectures on Thursday 1 November and Tuesday 27 November.
The general format will be general questions and answers to clarify lecture material followed by discussion of some relevant Tripos questions.
- Supervisions will be organised for the last week of term.
Exercises for the first Examples Class
- CST 1995 Paper 7 Question 2 (CMOS NAND designs)
Draw both the stick diagram and the layout.
The discussion about symmetric rise and fall times requires some thought about the relative resistances of conducting n-channel and p-channel FETs.
- CST 1999 Paper 7 Question 1 (PLAs)
Note that the primes after signal names indicate inversion, so there are three primary inputs and their inverses to be considered.
- CST 1986 Paper 1 Question 1 (Circuit analysis)
Exercises for the second Examples Class
Exercises for the Supervision
Schedule of supervisions