NEXT (Synthesis from Cross-Product: Tool Flow:)
Synthesis from Cross-Product (Greaves/Nam).
Can we automatically create RTL glue logic from port specifications ?
Can the same method be used for joining TLM models ?
Can the same method be used for making ESL-to-RTL transactors ?
»www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/han/hprls/orangepath/transactors and Bus MonitorsMethod is:
- List participating interfaces and their protocols,
- Specify the function needed: commonly just need data conservation, but sometimes need other operations:
- Add in additional resources that can be used by the glue (e.g. holding register or FIFO),
- Form protocol cross-product of all participants and resources,
- Trim so still fully-reactive and with no deadlocking trails,
- Emit resultant machine in SystemC or RTL of choice.