NEXT (GPIO - General Purpose Input/Output Pins)
On-chip SRAM needs test mechanism:
Off-chip RAMS, such as DRAM and ZBT SRAM commonly used:
- Can test with software running on embedded processor.
- Can have a special test mode, where address and data lines become
directly controllable (JTAG or otherwise).
- Can use a built-in self test (BIST) wrapper that implements 0/F/5/A and
walking ones typical tests.
- Large area: would not be cost-effective on-chip.
- Specialised, proprietary or dense VLSI technology
- Non-volatile process (FLASH)
- Commodity part (DRAM, FLASH)