Yearly and monthly textual summaries of the weather data recorded from sensors on the roof of the William Gates Building in Cambridge are available from the links below. Historical weather data is also available in monthly graphical form and daily textual form.
Note that there are some inaccuracies in the historical humidity and dewpoint readings before October 1998, in the rainfall readings for July and August 2001 and from time to time throughout 2005, and in several readings in July 2006, and these will be reflected in the summaries.
These summaries are the result of applying further processing on the raw recorded data, and have been generated on request.
- 2010_hourly.csv - hourly summaries for 2010, with wind direction having full resolution (instead of the usual 45 deg from the monthly summaries). The wind direction averaging is done using Mardia's method (unit vector averaging)
- 2012_hourly.csv - hourly summaries for early 2012 (until 26 Mar, 12:00), with wind direction having full resolution
- rain_thies.csv [38Mb compressed, 530Mb uncompressed]
- what: raw rain data (~ 3 second sampling resolution) gathered by our Thies sensor
- period: from 31 Jan 2012 to 1 Jul 2014
- details: The csv file has only two columns: timestamp (1) and instantaneous rain (2). (2) is measured in mm from the previous timestamp and has a multiplier of 1000 applied (10 in the rain collumn means 0.01 mm)