Advice on backing up files during projects
- Suppose you make a mistake and need to undo some changes.
- Suppose the discs crash and all on-line data is lost.
- This is handled by nightly/weekly/monthly dumps managed by the Service as part of their provision of sound facilities.
- Suppose you want to save a copy of your project after the end of
- The University is not normally responsible for this. Projects need to be kept on-line until the class list is out, but after that they become your private responsibility.
Note that if there has to be a recovery from backups after a major disc failure it is likely to cause a delay. Build this possibility into your schedule!
For more advice: