Computer Laboratory

Information for staff

Sabbatical Leave

Academic staff wishing to apply for sabbatical leave should first discuss their plans with the Head of Department and the Chair of the Tripos Management Committee and/or the Advanced Courses Management Committee to ensure that adequate arrangements are in place to cover their lecture courses and ACS/Part III modules. For CST Part IA and Part IB, replacement lecturers must be competent and reliable people, preferably another UTO from within the Department. Later years' courses do not constitute core material, and sometimes it may be appropriate to make a case for a course be suspended for a year during sabbatical leave.

Formal applications for sabbatical leave are made on form CHRIS/67. Completed forms should be submitted to the Secretary of Faculty Board.