I am a second year PhD student in the Natural Language and Information Processing group at the Computer Laboratory of the University of Cambridge, under the supervision of Prof. Ted Briscoe. I am interested in grammatical error detection and correction in texts written by English as a second language learners.
Before starting my PhD, I gained the MPhil Degree in Advanced Computer Science at the University of Cambridge in 2013. My MPhil project was "Error Detection/Correction of Chinese ESL Learners using SMT" and was supervised by Prof. Ted Briscoe.
I am a member of St Edmund's College since 2012.
Prior to Cambridge, I gained a BSc(Eng) Degree in Telecommunications Engineering with Management at Queen Mary University of London and Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2012 (Joint Programme). The topic of my thesis was "Automatic Emotion Detection for Chinese Social Media Texts", supervised by Dr. Matthew Purver.
- Mariano Felice and Zheng Yuan. 2014. To err is human, to correct is divine. In XRDS: Crossroads, The ACM Magazine for Students, vol. 21 num. 1, pp. 22-27. New York, NY. ACM. [publisher's website]
- Mariano Felice, Zheng Yuan, Øistein E. Andersen, Helen Yannakoudakis and Ekaterina Kochmar. 2014. Grammatical error correction using hybrid systems and type filtering. In Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning: Shared Task (CoNLL 2014 Shared Task), pp 15 - 24. Baltimore, Maryland, USA. [pdf]
- Mariano Felice and Zheng Yuan. 2014. Generating artificial errors for grammatical error correction. In Proceedings of the Student Research Workshop at 14th Conference of the European Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (EACL 14), pp. 116 - 126. Gothenburg, Sweden. [pdf]
- Zheng Yuan and Mariano Felice. 2013. Constrained grammatical error correction using Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of the 17th Conference on Computational Natural Language Learning: Shared Task (CoNLL 2013 Shared Task), pp. 52 - 61. Sofia, Bulgaria. [pdf]
- Zheng Yuan. 2013. Error Detection/Correction of Chinese ESL Learners using SMT. MPhil Dissertation, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK. [pdf]
- Zheng Yuan and Matthew Purver. 2012. Predicting Emotion Labels for Chinese Microblog Texts. In Proceedings of the ECML-PKDD 2012 Workshop on Sentiment Discovery from Affective Data (SDAD 2012), pp. 40 - 47. Bristol, UK. [pdf]
University of Cambridge
William Gates Building
15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK
firstname.surname (at) cl.cam.ac.uk
+44 (0)1223 763588