- Bai, Z., Blackwell, A.F., Coulouris, G. (2013). Can We Augment Reality with “Mental Images” to Elicit Pretend Play? A Usability Study. In Proceedings of CHI 2013, 27 April -2 May 2013, Paris, France. [pdf]
- Bai, Z., Blackwell, A.F., Coulouris, G. (2012). Making Pretense Visible and Graspable: An Augmented Reality Approach to Promote Pretend Play. In Proceedings of the 11th IEEE International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR 2012), 5-8 November 2012, Atlanta, Georgia, USA. [pdf]
- Bai, Z. (2012) Augmenting imagination for children with autism. In Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children (IDC’12), 12-15 June 2012, Bremen, Germany, pages 327-330. [pdf]
- Bai, Z., Blackwell, A.F. (2012) Analytic Review of Usability Evaluation in ISMAR. Interacting with Computers, Volume 24, Issue 6, November 2012, Pages 450-460. [pdf]
- Bai, Z., Blackwell, A. F. Augmented Mirror Interaction. Poster presented at the 6th Microsoft Research PhD summer school, 27 June -1 July 2011, Cambridge, UK. [pdf]
Invited Talks and Demos
- Making Pretense Visible and Graspable. Presented at Health Systems Institute (HSI), Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA. November 2012.
- Demonstrated the Augmented Reality system to promote children’s pretend play at the “AWARE: Autism Software – how to get it out there” event, 25th September 2012, Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Augmenting Imagination for Children with Autism. Presented on the 7th Winter Augmented Reality Meeting, 8-9 February 2012, Graz, Austria.