Some of our work on substation security and security economics of electricity metering has been covered by the US and the UK media. More recently, there has also been some media coverage regarding our work which pointed out the vulnerabilities in a centralised smart metering system where each customer's meter has a remote switch-off feature.
- Who Controls the Off Switch? Blog post at ControlGlobal .
- Security Vulnerabilities of Smart Electricity Meters: Bruce Schneier's blog post.
- Smart meters pose hacker kill-switch risk: The Register, 28-07-2010
- Smart meter rollout in U.S. prone to cyber threats: EcoSeed, 17-06-2010
- Are smart meters security disasters? ZDNet, 16-06-2010
- Money trumps security in smart meter rollouts: CNET, 15-06-2010