Richard Gibbens: miscellaneous information
This web page is just a collection of pointers to miscellaneous material.
- I am the Computer Laboratory's representative for the STIMULUS project where students help in local schools.
- I find myself using on a daily basis the R programming package for many of my needs. Most especially for data manipulation and visualization but also general scientific and numerical computation.
- Some academic details of a graphical nature:
- My Erdös number is 4.
- My PhD ancestry makes a nice graph. The data is mostly from the marvellous Mathematics Genealogy Project. Unless you have unusually good eyesight you will probably want to zoom in a few levels until I find an alternative way to do the graph layout.
- Another handy tool is the AMS collaboration distance calculator (apparently I'm only five hops from Einstein!)