Nishanth Sastry's Publications
- CYRF: A Theory of Window-based Unicast Congestion Control—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry and Simon S. Lam
IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networks 13(2): 330--342 (2005).
- Data Delivery Properties of Human Contact Networks—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry, D. Manjunath, Karen Sollins and Jon Crowcroft
IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 10(6): 868--880 (2011).
Spotlight paper for the June issue
Conference & Workshops (peer reviewed)
- SpinThrift: Saving energy in viral workloads—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry and Jon Crowcroft
SIGCOMM Green Networking Workshop, 2010
Talk: (To appear).
- Real world routing using virtual world information—[PDF]
Pan Hui and Nishanth Sastry
2009 IEEE SocialCom Workshop on Leveraging Social Patterns for Security, Privacy and Network Architectures (SP4SPNA09)
- Buzztraq: Predicting geographical access patterns of social cascades using social networks—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry, Eiko Yoneki and Jon Crowcroft
Eurosys Social Network Systems Workshop, 2009.
Talk: .key, .pdf
- Delivery Properties of Human Social Networks—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry, Karen Sollins and Jon Crowcroft
INFOCOM 2009 Miniconference
Talk: .key, .pdf
- Architecting Citywide Ubiquitous Wi-Fi Access—[PDF]
Nishanth Sastry, Jon Crowcroft and Karen Sollins
- Disseminating Expertise in Social Networks—[PDF (local)], (IBM Research)
- A Theory of Window-Based Unicast Congestion Control
Nishanth R. Sastry and Simon S. Lam
In IEEE ICNP 2002
- Multi-purpose Web Server and API for Web-enabling Compute- intensive Applications
Nishanth R. Sastry, Nagendra Subramanya, Sarvesha Yellappareddy, and Gopal Srinivasan
34th Annual Convention of the Computer Society of India. Tata McGraw-Hill Publications, November 1999
Best student paper award
- A Time-stamp based extension to the Isarithmic Congestion Avoidance Scheme for Incorporating Soft Real-time traffic in Internetworks
Nishanth R. Sastry and Hemanth T. Dattatreya.
In Proc. Cyberia'99. IEEE Student Branch, S.J. College of Engineering, Mysore, India. May 1999.
Best paper award
Patents(All the patents below derive from my work at IBM, and they hold the rights to the inventions)
- Advanced discussion thread management using a tag-based categorization system—[link]
Nishanth Sastry and Alexander Kordun
US Patent No. 7,962,555, Granted 2011
- Computer Method and Apparatus for Parameterized Semantic Templates with Type Annotation—[link]
Nishanth Sastry and Steven Ross and Daniel Gruen and Susanne Hupfer
US Patent No. 7,885,973, Granted 2011
- Computer method and apparatus for graphical inquiry specification with progressive summary—[link]
Steven Ross and Nishanth Sastry and Daniel Gruen and Susanne Hupfer and John Patterson and James Christensen and Stephen Levy
US Patent No. 7,877,367, Granted 2011
- Method for Nested Categorization using Factorization—link
US Patent No. 7,487,143, Granted 2009
Method of retrieving records from a database—[link]
US Patent No. 7,325,004, Granted 2008
There are several other patent applications pending with the US Patents and Trademarks Office.
- Nuances of the Java 5.0 for-each loop —[link]
java.net, O'Reilly and Sun Microsystems, Publishers. Nov 2006.
- Deriving the visitor pattern—[link]
Java Developer's Journal, 10(11): 26--28, Oct 2005
- Visualize your data with gnuplot—[link]
IBM developerWorks. July 2004