Keynotes and Invited Talks
- [slides] Using Smartphones to Measure (and Intervene) in Daily Life
March 2015. Workshop on Innovations in Online Experiments, Nuffield Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Analysing Daily Behaviours with Large-Scale Smartphone Data
March 2015. The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London.
- [slides] Emotion Sense: From Design to Deployment
October 2014. SACHI Group, University of St. Andrews.
- [slides] Opportunities and Challenges of Using Smartphones for Health Monitoring and Intervention
September 2014. Institute for Public Health, University of Cambridge.
October 2014. Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge.
October 2014. E-Health Unit, University College London.
October 2014. Dept of Primary Care, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Using Smartphones to Research Daily Life
November 2013. Workshop on Innovative Methods in Social Research, Government Social Research. London.
March 2014. Dept. of Education, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Building Systems to Capture, Measure, or Use Emotions and Personality
June 2013. Workshop on Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2013, Rome, Italy.
- [slides] Context-Awareness in Mobile Applications
February 2013. MobCom Workshop. Ghent, Belgium.
- [slides] London Shared Bicycles: Measuring Intervention Impact
December 2012. Workshop on Spatio-temporal Data Mining for a Better Understanding of People's Mobility:
The Bicycle Sharing System (BSS) Case Study. Paris, France.
- [slides] How can sensors be used to infer how people feel?
August 2012. DTU Informatics Technical University of Denmark. Copenhagen, Denmark.
- [slides] Turning Oyster Cards into Information Systems
February 2012. The Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds. Leeds.
April 2012. The Information Retrieval Group, University of Glasgow. Glasgow, Scotland.
- [slides] Does Location Matter?
November 2011. "Apps, INSPIRE, and the New Economy" workshop hosted by AGI Scotland. Edinburgh, Scotland.
- [slides] Personalisation for Smart(er) Cities
July 2011. At the Department of Computer Science, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano. Bolzano, Italy.
- Other talks/slides (e.g., conference paper presentations) are available on my slideshare page.
Funding and Projects
- November 2014. EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account.
Smartphone Sensing for Health Applications.
- April 2014. MRC Public Health Intervention Development Scheme.
QSense: Smoking Cessation Smartphone Sensing App.
- January 2012. EPSRC UBHave.
Ubiquitous and Social Computing for Positive Behaviour Change.
- March 2010. EC iTour
i-TOUR: intelligent Transport system for Optimized URban trips.
- May 2008. Telefonica I+D Multimedia Group.
Research Intern, working with Xavier Amatriain.
- October 2006. EPSRC Utiforo.
PhD Student. Pervasive Computing Support for Market Trading.
- [MRC Network Magazine] Feature on Mobile Medicine. Winter 2014/15.
- [Salon] Bike Sharing Can Be Perfect! Solving the Commuting Algorithm, October 24, 2013.
- [BBC, The Times, Huffington Post, Full list] Emotion Sense App for Android, May 2013.
- [New Scientist] Crunch commuter data to track changing communities. April 11, 2012.
- [BBC News] Are Your Travel Habits Making Journeys More Expensive? May 13, 2011.
- ACM Recommender Systems (RecSys) 2015
- 5th International Symposium on Pervasive Computing Paradigms for Mental Health
- Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society (FLAIRS-28) (RecSys Special Track)
- 23rd Conference on User Modelling, Adaptation, and Personalization (UMAP 2015)
- ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) 2015
- ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp) 2014 (External)
- ACM Multimedia 2014
- ACM Recommender Systems (RecSys) 2014
- 8th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare
- 11th International Conference on Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC)
- International World Wide Web Conference 2014 (WWW)
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2014
- International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media 2013 (ICWSM) (Workshops, PC)
- ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2013 (Ubicomp) (Social Media Chair)
- ACM Annual Conference on Information Retrieval 2013 (SIGIR) (Short Papers)
- ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management 2013 (CIKM)
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing 2012 (MobiQuitous)
- ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing 2012 (Ubicomp) (External)
- ACM 21st International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM)
- ACM Annual Conference on Information Retrieval 2012 (SIGIR) (Posters)
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing 2012 (PerCom)
- ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing 2011 (Ubicomp) (External)
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2011 (IJCAI)
- ACM Annual SIGIR Conference on Information Retrieval 2011 (SIGIR) (Posters)
- ACM Annual SIGIR Conference on Information Retrieval 2010 (SIGIR)
- ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining 2009 (WSDM) (Late-breaking)
- IEEE International Conference on Social Computing 2009 (SocialCom) and 2010
- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing 2009 (SAC) and 2010
- IEEE International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies 2008 and 2009
- Springer Recommender Systems Handbook (2nd Edition)
- Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal
- World Wide Web Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- Workshop on Location-aware Recommendations at ACM RecSys 2015 (co-organiser)
- Workshop on Intelligent Personalization at International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI)
- PerMoby 2015:International Workshop on the Impact of Human Mobility in Pervasive Systems and Applications at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2015
- WristSense 2015: Workshop on Sensing Systems and Applications Using Wrist Worn Smart Devices at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2015
- City Labs Workshop at 6th International Conference on Social Informatics 2014
- 1st International Workshop on Social Personalisation at ACM Hypertext 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2014
- 4th Workshop on Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation at ECIR 2014
- 1st Workshop on Personal Data Meets Distributed Multimedia at ACM MM 2013
- At UbiComp 2013:
- Workshop on Benchmarking Adaptive Retrieval and Recommender Systems at SIGIR 2013
- 2nd International Workshop on Citizen Sensor Networks (CitiSen) at EECS 2013
- When the City Meets the Citizen at ICWSM 2013
- Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2013
- At ACM RecSys 2012
- Mobile Systems for Computational Social Science at MobiSys 2012
- When the City Meets the Citizen at ICWSM 2012
- Pervasive Urban Applications at Pervasive 2012
- At ACM RecSys 2011
- Trust and Privacy in Distributed Information Sharing at IFIPTM 2011
- Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation at IUI 2011
- Search and Mining User-Generated Contents at CIKM 2010
- At ACM RecSys 2010
- TRESS Workshop at IEEE/WIC/ACM Web Intelligence 2010
- The Mobile Social Web (SMW'10) at MobileHCI 2010
- Soft Computing for Recommender Systems at ISDA 2009
- Computational Trust for Self-Adaptive Systems at IARIA Adaptive 2009
- Trust in Mobile Environments at IFIPTM 2008
- The Value of Security through Collaboration at ACM SecureComm 2008