Keynotes and Invited Talks
- Technical Opportunities and Challenges of using Smartphones for Health and Behaviour Monitoring
June 2015. Workshop on Technology Enhanced Data Collection, Network on Intrapersonal Research in Education (NIRE), Dept of Education, University of Oxford.
- Big Data from Sensors
April 2015. Google London.
- [slides] Using Smartphones to Measure (and Intervene) in Daily Life
March 2015. Workshop on Innovations in Online Experiments, Nuffield Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Analysing Daily Behaviours with Large-Scale Smartphone Data
April 2015. Wolfson College Science Society
March 2015. The Bartlett Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis, University College London.
- [slides] Emotion Sense: From Design to Deployment
October 2014. SACHI Group, University of St. Andrews.
- [slides] Opportunities and Challenges of Using Smartphones for Health Monitoring and Intervention
September 2014. Institute for Public Health, University of Cambridge.
October 2014. Dept. of Psychiatry, University of Cambridge.
October 2014. E-Health Unit, University College London.
October 2014. Dept of Primary Care, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Using Smartphones to Research Daily Life
November 2013. Workshop on Innovative Methods in Social Research, Government Social Research. London.
March 2014. Dept. of Education, University of Oxford.
- [slides] Building Systems to Capture, Measure, or Use Emotions and Personality
June 2013. Workshop on Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2013, Rome, Italy.
- [slides] Context-Awareness in Mobile Applications
February 2013. MobCom Workshop. Ghent, Belgium.
- [slides] London Shared Bicycles: Measuring Intervention Impact
December 2012. Workshop on Spatio-temporal Data Mining for a Better Understanding of People's Mobility:
The Bicycle Sharing System (BSS) Case Study. Paris, France.
- [slides] Turning Oyster Cards into Information Systems
February 2012. The Institute for Transport Studies, University of Leeds. Leeds.
April 2012. The Information Retrieval Group, University of Glasgow. Glasgow, Scotland.
- [slides] Does Location Matter?
November 2011. "Apps, INSPIRE, and the New Economy" workshop hosted by AGI Scotland. Edinburgh, Scotland.
- [slides] Personalisation for Smart(er) Cities
July 2011. At the Department of Computer Science, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano. Bolzano, Italy.
- Other talks/slides (e.g., conference paper presentations) are available on my slideshare page.
Funding and Projects
- November 2014. EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account.
Smartphone Sensing for Health Applications.
- April 2014. MRC Public Health Intervention Development Scheme.
Q Sense: Smoking Cessation Smartphone Sensing App.
- January 2012. EPSRC UBHave.
Ubiquitous and Social Computing for Positive Behaviour Change.
- March 2010. EC iTour
i-TOUR: intelligent Transport system for Optimized URban trips.
- May 2008. Telefonica I+D Multimedia Group.
Research Intern, working with Xavier Amatriain.
- October 2006. EPSRC Utiforo.
PhD Student. Pervasive Computing Support for Market Trading.
- [MRC Network Magazine] Feature on Mobile Medicine. Winter 2014/15.
- [Salon] Bike Sharing Can Be Perfect! Solving the Commuting Algorithm, October 24, 2013.
- [BBC, The Times, Huffington Post, Full list] Emotion Sense App for Android, May 2013.
- [New Scientist] Crunch commuter data to track changing communities. April 11, 2012.
- [BBC News] Are Your Travel Habits Making Journeys More Expensive? May 13, 2011.
- ACM Recommender Systems (RecSys) 2015
- 5th International Symposium on Pervasive Computing Paradigms for Mental Health
- Florida Artificial Intelligence Research Society (FLAIRS-28) (RecSys Special Track)
- 23rd Conference on User Modelling, Adaptation, and Personalization (UMAP 2015)
- ACM Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) 2015
- ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (UbiComp) 2014 (External)
- ACM Multimedia 2014
- ACM Recommender Systems (RecSys) 2014
- 8th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare
- 11th International Conference on Mobile Systems and Pervasive Computing (MobiSPC)
- International World Wide Web Conference 2014 (WWW)
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2014
- International AAAI Conference on Weblogs and Social Media 2013 (ICWSM) (Workshops, PC)
- ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing 2013 (Ubicomp) (Social Media Chair)
- ACM Annual Conference on Information Retrieval 2013 (SIGIR) (Short Papers)
- ACM Conference on Information and Knowledge Management 2013 (CIKM)
- Mobile and Ubiquitous Computing 2012 (MobiQuitous)
- ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing 2012 (Ubicomp) (External)
- ACM 21st International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM)
- ACM Annual Conference on Information Retrieval 2012 (SIGIR) (Posters)
- IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing 2012 (PerCom)
- ACM International Conference on Ubiquitous Computing 2011 (Ubicomp) (External)
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence 2011 (IJCAI)
- ACM Annual SIGIR Conference on Information Retrieval 2011 (SIGIR) (Posters)
- ACM Annual SIGIR Conference on Information Retrieval 2010 (SIGIR)
- ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining 2009 (WSDM) (Late-breaking)
- IEEE International Conference on Social Computing 2009 (SocialCom) and 2010
- ACM Symposium on Applied Computing 2009 (SAC) and 2010
- IEEE International Conference on the Applications of Digital Information and Web Technologies 2008 and 2009
- Springer Recommender Systems Handbook (2nd Edition)
- Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal
- World Wide Web Journal
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering
- 4th International Workshop on Pervasive Urban Applications at ACM Ubicomp 2015
- At ACM RecSys 2015:
- Workshop on Intelligent Personalization at International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI)
- PerMoby 2015:International Workshop on the Impact of Human Mobility in Pervasive Systems and Applications at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2015
- WristSense 2015: Workshop on Sensing Systems and Applications Using Wrist Worn Smart Devices at IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications 2015
- City Labs Workshop at 6th International Conference on Social Informatics 2014
- 1st International Workshop on Social Personalisation at ACM Hypertext 2014
- 2nd Workshop on Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2014
- 4th Workshop on Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation at ECIR 2014
- 1st Workshop on Personal Data Meets Distributed Multimedia at ACM MM 2013
- At UbiComp 2013:
- Workshop on Benchmarking Adaptive Retrieval and Recommender Systems at SIGIR 2013
- 2nd International Workshop on Citizen Sensor Networks (CitiSen) at EECS 2013
- When the City Meets the Citizen at ICWSM 2013
- Emotions and Personality in Personalized Services at UMAP 2013
- At ACM RecSys 2012
- Mobile Systems for Computational Social Science at MobiSys 2012
- When the City Meets the Citizen at ICWSM 2012
- Pervasive Urban Applications at Pervasive 2012
- At ACM RecSys 2011
- Trust and Privacy in Distributed Information Sharing at IFIPTM 2011
- Context-Awareness in Retrieval and Recommendation at IUI 2011
- Search and Mining User-Generated Contents at CIKM 2010
- At ACM RecSys 2010
- TRESS Workshop at IEEE/WIC/ACM Web Intelligence 2010
- The Mobile Social Web (SMW'10) at MobileHCI 2010
- Soft Computing for Recommender Systems at ISDA 2009
- Computational Trust for Self-Adaptive Systems at IARIA Adaptive 2009
- Trust in Mobile Environments at IFIPTM 2008
- The Value of Security through Collaboration at ACM SecureComm 2008