I am a Research Associate in the Networks and Operating Systems Group of Cambridge University's Computer Laboratory, where I am working on the EPSRC UBhave (Ubiquitous and Social Computing for Positive Behaviour Change) Project with Dr. Cecilia Mascolo.
Prior to joining the Computer Lab, I was a Research Associate in the Department of Computer Science at University College London (where I am still an honorary Research Associate). I researched personalisation in mobile/public transport contexts as part of the EC i-Tour project with Dr. Licia Capra.
I also obtained my PhD from University College London, under the supervision of Prof. Stephen Hailes and Dr. Licia Capra, funded by the EPSRC Utiforo project: my doctoral work centred around evaluating collaborative filtering algorithms (for online recommender systems) over time.
My research to date falls somewhere in the intersection of data mining, mobile systems, ubiquitous/pervasive systems, and personalisation/ recommender systems, applied to a variety of contexts (e.g., transport). You can find my research blog here.
- Read all about it! Emotion Sense in the press
- May 2013: Paper "Contextual Dissonance: Design Bias in Sensor-Based Experience Sampling Methods" accepted to ACM Ubicomp 2013
- May 2013: Paper "Smartphones for Large-scale Behaviour Change Interventions" accepted to IEEE Pervasive Computing.
- April 2013: I'm co-organising the Ubicomp Workshop on Pervasive Urban Applications.
- February 2013: Android Emotion Sense App released.
- I'm the Ubicomp 2013 Social Media Chair. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+
- February 2013: Paper "Probabilistic Group Recommendation via Information Matching" to appear at WWW 2013 [pdf]
- October 2012: Paper "Individuals Among Commuters: Building Personalised Transport Information Services from Fare Collection Systems" accepted to PMC Journal [pdf]
- September 2012: Paper "Mining User Mobility Features for Next Place Prediction in Location-based Services" accepted @ ICDM 2012 [pdf]
- July 2012: Android Tube Star application for London launched!
- July 2012: Paper "A Random Walk Around the City" accepted @ SocialCom 2012 [pdf]
- April 2012: Research on public transport usage and social deprivation covered by New Scientist (paper pdf)
Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge
William Gates Building
15 JJ Thompson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD
Computer Laboratory Office: FN10