What’s new on my music pages
- 20 February 2007
- Adjusted Mahler’s place-of-birth information, in
response to comment from Patrik Zima. Kaliste (not Kalist)
is in the modern Czech Republic.
- 17 January 2007
- Added link to online Neue
Mozart-Ausgabe. (Thanks to Martin Percossi for pointing
out its existence.)
- 14 June 2006
- Wrote a little more about Schumann, including story
of self-inflicted finger injury. Also added picture (from Wikipedia).
- 19 April 2005
- Added link to
- 16 February 2005
- Added mention of Mendelssohn’s
St. Paul oratorio to his entry, at Julie
- 24 June 2004
- Added link to
about list bullets overlapping with portrait images (at least in
- Deleted Kenneth Leighton entry as the page at
Edinburgh University had disappeared.
- 22 July 2003
- Added a link to a “notes on Schubert” page.
- 24 July 2001
- Added a link to what appears to be Robert Craft's home-page on
about his reactions to Shostakovich.
- 18 June 2001
- Revised discussion of Holst's characterisation of his Planets,
thanks to a comment from Tomi Inkinen.
- 15 March 2001
- Added description of Sibelius’ work on what was to
be his eighth symphony.
- 10 January 2001
- Added a link to my weblog's
description of Holst's The Planets.
- Also removed claim that each "planet" reflects character
of appropriate Greco-Roman deity (consider Neptune).
- 19 June 2000
- 10 April 2000
- Added link to my log in the main
- 30 March 2000
- Updated entry for Strauss on the omitted composers list to make it
clear that he is not a relation of the waltz composers. Also
altered claim that Brahms didn't like Wagner to be vice
- 23 March 2000
- 2 February 2000
- Added link to Chopin Society's web-page in entry for
Chopin, and added
mention of his career in Paris.
- 23 July 1999
- Recanted on retelling of “myth” of Brahms's seedy childhood.
- 23 April 1999
- Added paragraph to Brahms
entry discussing slow concerto movements with prominent
roles for non-solo instruments.
- 19 April 1999
- Prompted by John “Dear Tin Ears” Leydon, added minimal entry
for Schoenberg on omitted composers
- Added brief paragraph to Elgar entry mentioning his cello
- 25 February 1999
- 11 February 1999
- Mentioned Elgar's third
symphony, as reconstructed by Payne.
- 21 August 1998
Michael Norrish <Michael.Norrish@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Last modified: Mon Feb 19 22:39:05 GMT 2007