McQueen Cairns International
HYGROX™ - leading humidity sensor technology
Final year project Specification : November 2000
Description: Software Development and Integration.
The Company: SME ( Small Medium Enterprise ).
Manufacturers of Specialist Humidity & Temperature Instrumentation Systems - Delivering innovative solutions to multi-nationals world wide.
- The Company has designed and developed a humidity and temperature data logger that is used throughout the cooking and baking world to analyse and control Industrial cookers and ovens.
- The project will involve re-developing the existing dos-based system into a fully integrated data acquisition and display package in a Windows environment.
- This will involve consultation with the food production industry and instrument manufacturers, to ensure that the package will meet the demanding aspects of the manufacturing industry and compete with existing data display systems.
- Evaluate existing dos based control system and Excel macro display, relate itís application into the industrial environment, and investigate parallel software solutions from other data logger manufacturers.
- Create a user-friendly logger-setup and oven-design environment, where the logger user can customise the logger cycle to suit their application.
- Download the data from the logger, rationalise from voltage inputs, and process into engineering units.
- Create a visual display environment, where the user can visualise the information from the logger and relate it to the reality of the oven, giving the user the tools to analyse, and understand exactly how the oven is operating throughout the process.
- We are looking for a student who is capable of producing a complete solution, which will serve the user from set-up to data presentation. They would be presentable, comfortable liasing with customers, good communicators and well-organised thinkers. Able to respond to industry needs, and rise to the challenges of the project
For further details, please contact: Robin Cairns or Peter Laurie.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8400 1020 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8400 1021
Web Site Address: ( under construction ) http://www.mcqueen_cairns.co.uk