According to Goscinski [#GoscinskiDOSTL##1#] there are certain desirable
properties that should be possessed by any load balancing strategy.
- Optimal overall system performance, defined as total processing
capacity being maximised whilst retaining acceptable delays.
- Fairness of service, defined as uniformly acceptable performance
provided to jobs regardless of the source of the job.
- Failure tolerance, defined as the robustness of performance in the
presence of partial failures.
- Accommodation ability, defined as the degree to which a strategy
accommodates reconfiguration and extension.
- Good performance of the system under overload.