- Interactive Websites: 2008 P7 Q14 (a)
- Business Models and Valuations: 2007 P7 Q14
- Large Websites: sketch a possible infrastructure of a large website such as Facebook. Then, discuss when it is more beneficial to use companies and services such as Akamai, Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3) and when it is not.
- Network Externalities: what are network externalities? If your startup is affected by network externalities, what can you do about it?
- Website UI: search engine friendliness is important in getting your website promoted. How would you design a website that is search-engine-friendly?
- Security and Law: 2002 P7 Q5 (b) and (d)
- Passwords: E-Commerce sites often involve user accounts and passwords. Consider various risks, how would you implement the password management aspect of a website? (Possible questions to think about include "how would the password be stored in the database?" and "what if users forget their passwords?")
- Phishing Sites: what are possible preventative and reactive measures you can take against a phishing site impersonating your business?
- SSL/TLS (https pages): why is it important? Where/when should you use it?
- Software Protection: your business has a software component. How would you make sure that only the paid users can use it?