Awais Athar - Software
Here are some partially-academic fun programs that I have written in the past few years.
- Urdu Sentiment Lexicon
- Twingual – A twitter client for bilingual people who tweet in Urdu as well as English
- DependenSee – A dependency graph visualization tool for the Stanford parser
- A shell script for getting high-frequency words from tweets
- Wav2Formant – A tutorial on how to find formants of any sounds sample
- Duckofy – Replaces a word in a movie quote with 'duck' (rather silly, I know!)
- #ReplaceMovieWith... – A generic version of duckofy
- A gift to our nation – Generates funny headlines from a news feed by appends the phrase "A gift to our nation" to each news item
- River Crossing Puzzle – A quick demo which simulates the classic river crossing puzzle for teaching state space search to an AI class.
- 8 Queens Problem Solver – A demo for teaching breadth-first and depth-first state space search to an AI class.