Computer Science Tripos, Part III, and M.Phil in ACS Forms
Modules and assessment forms
Changing modules or the Option
- Up until 7 October 2013, M.Phil students may change their module selections in consultation with their Course Advisers. The Course Adviser will notify the Graduate Education Office of the change.
- After 7 October, students wanting to change a module must use the module change form and should consult their Course Adviser or Director of Studies first. You will also need to check with Graduate Education that the module you wish to change into is not already oversubscribed.
- Practical and reading group lecturers (for the 'P' and 'R' modules) usually issue coursework, team allocations and presentations schedules in Week 1. It is therefore unusual for a student to be permitted to change into one of these modules after the first week of term.
Any change of Option (Essay to Project, or Project to Essay) will likely result in quite a number of modules being dropped or added and should only be considered in consultation with the Course Adviser.
Computer Science Tripos, Part III students should refer to the Information for Directors of Studies and students for the final dates for module enrolment on CamSIS.
- 21 October 2013 The deadline for the final selection of modules for Michaelmas Term and the Option (M.Phil only). Thereafter no further changes may be made to Michaelmas modules or to the Option taken.
- 20 January 2014 The deadline for the final selection of modules for Lent Term 2014. Thereafter no further changes may be made to Lent modules.
- Final module selections will be approved by the Advanced Taught Courses Management Committee at their meeting in Michaelmas.
- Module change form Obtain signatures from both modules' lecturers and also the Course Director's. Once complete, submit the form to the Graduate Education Office.
- MPhil coursework cover sheet
- Part III coursework cover sheet
- CPGS coursework cover sheet (C00 Research Skills only)
Projects and essays forms
All project/essay proposals and their cover sheets must be signed by the project or essay supervisor and also the relevant Course Adviser or Director of Studies before being submitted to the Graduate Education Office FS05.
Students must submit the signed proposal forms by the published deadlines (see Part III and MPhil ACS projects and essays timetable).
If you require, or have organised, a desk within a research group, this should be agreed with your supervisor and arrangements noted under section C of the form.
- Ethical Review Policy which explains the steps you need to take to obtain the necessary approval first to involve experiments on human subjects.
- Board of Graduate Studies certificate of submission To accompany the final M.Phil project report or essay in June (Not applicable for Part III students)