NEXT (Beyond Pure RTL: Behavioural descriptions of hardware.)
express the algorithm and steps to be performed as an executable program
- using an imperative program (containing loops and assigments), or
- a functional program (where control flow is less-explicit).
Either way, the tool chain may:
- re-order the operations while preserving semantics, and/or
- re-encode the state and modify memory layouts.
- Synopsys Behavioural Compiler,
- BlueSpec System Verilog,
- C-to-Gates : C-To-Verilog, SystemCrafter, Catapult, Kiwi, ...
- Statecharts (UML/SysML).